The UW Radiology Interventional Radiology and Abdominal Imaging and Intervention Sections had a big week at the World Congress on Interventional Oncology (WCIO) annual meeting, May 6-9 in New York, NY. Joining participants from more than 30 countries, UW Radiology captured four of only six Poster of Excellence awards given at the conference. As a member of the invited faculty, Michael C. Brunner, M.D. was co-moderator for a scientific session on Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER), which included his talk, “The Science of CER.” Prasad Dalvie, M.D., Shane Wells, M.D., and Timothy J. Ziemlewicz, M.D. participated in the Case of the Week Meet the Experts session. Abdominal Fellow Jake Theis, M.D. was selected for the WCIO fellowship program.
Other department contributions included 3 abstract/papers:
- Greyscale, Color Doppler, and B-Flow Ultrasound Guidance for Tissue Hydrodissection: Modality Impact on Injection Localization.
A. Moreland, M. Ledwidge, A. Munoz del Rio, S. Wells, D. Kitchin, J.L. Hinshaw, T. Ziemlewicz, M. Lubner, C. Brace.
- Percutaneous Microwave Ablation of T1a Renal Cell Carcinoma: Interval Update with Median 11-Month Imaging Follow-Up.
A. Moreland, M. Klapperich, S. Wells, E. Abel, M. Lubner, J.L. Hinshaw, F. Lee, S. Nakada, S. Best, S. Hedican, C. Brace, T. Ziemlewicz, J. Horn, A.M. Fischman.
- Transradial Arterial Access for Intra-Arterial Liver Directed Therapy: A Single Center Initial Experience
R.M. Linville, R.A. Holayter, P. Dalvie, J. McDermott, O. Ozkan, J. Pinchot, J. Fallucca, M. Woods.
And 11 posters including 4 Posters of Excellence:
*Denotes Poster of Excellence
- Characterization of Tissue Contraction following Microwave Ablation of Liver Lesions Using TACE Imaging as a Clinical Fiducial
C. Harari, T. Ziemlewicz, C. Brace.
- *Percutaneous Microwave Ablation of T1a and T1b Renal Cell Carcinoma: Single Center, Single Operator Evaluation of Safety and Early Clinical Efficacy
S.A. Wells, A. Mithqal, K.M. Wheeler, J. Davilla-Aponte, M.S. Patel, N.S. Schenkmen.
- *Vessel Occlusion during Microwave Ablation of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Impact of Vessel Size, Proximity and Type
J. Chiang, M. Cristescu, M. Lee, A. Moreland, J.L. Hinshaw, F. Lee, C. Brace.
- *Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma with Combination TACE+MW Ablation verus TACE Monotherapy: A Lesion-by-Lesion Analysis] Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma with Combination TACE+MW Ablation verus TACE Monotherapy: A Lesion-by-Lesion Analysis
A. Smolock, M. Cristescu, M. Woods, J. Pinchot, T. Ziemlewicz, M. Lubner, P. Dalvie, C. Brace, J. McDermott, J.L. Hinshaw, M.C. Brunner, O. Ozkan, F. Lee.
- Percutaneous Microwave Ablation for Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Safety and Efficacy of a 4-Year Experience
T. Ziemlewicz, J.L. Hinshaw, M. Lubner, S.A. Wells, C. Brace, M. Alexander, P. Agarwal, F. Lee.
- Bland Hepatic Arterial Embolization and Radioembolization of Neuroendocrine Hepatic Metastases: A Single Institution Experience
M. Cristescu, M. Woods, J. Fallucca, P. Dalvie, J. McDermott, O. Ozkan, J.W. Pinchot
- Percutaneous Microwave Ablation of Hepatic Metastases with High-Powered, Gas-Cooled Antennas: An Update with 20 Month Mean Imaging Follow-Up
J.L. Hinshaw, T. Ziemlewicz, M. Lubner, S.A. Wells, C. Brace, L. Sampson, M. Alexander, F. Lee.
- A Model for Co-Designing Clinical Decisions Support to Advance More Efficient IO Imaging
R.A. Holayter, O. Ozkan, K.S. Lee, D. Moberg, S.B. Busarow, P. Dalvie, J. Pinchot, M.C. Brunner.
- Incidence of Major Cardiac Arrhythmias during Microwave Ablation of Lung Tissue near the Heart: A Pilot Study in an In Vivo Porcine Model
G. Carberry, P. Mason, T. Warner, C. Brace, F. Lee.
- HU to Iodine Concentration Conversion (HUTICC) Formula
J. Thomas, T. Vetter, J. Swietlik, K. Karaoglu, O. Ozkan.
- *Analysis of Contract Material Delivered During Thermal Ablation: Is Iodine Trapped in the Ablation Zone?
P. Wu, C. Brace.